Coldfusion Ajax Frameworks
From Ajax Patterns
See also Ajax Frameworks.
- ColdFusion components following the best practices of object oriented programming and design patterns. Programming with ajaxCFC involves extending components and creating your own ajax façades.
- Intergration with Model-Glue and MachII, two of the most popular MVC frameworks, widely used by the ColdFusion community.
- Works with ColdFusion MX 6.0, 6,1, 7.0, Scorpio, and BlueDragon (all flavors except BD.NET, which currently has compatibility issues).
- Automatically handles complex object transmitted from the client to the server and vice versa.
- Optional use of XML Sockets to push data from the server.
- On-the-works: Built-in base64 and/or blowfish encryption.
- Hosted now by Adobe's RIAForge
- Licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0, by Rob Gonda.
JSMX (from Aug 2005)
- Reduced latency due to less parsing of the responses.
- Parameters can be sent to the server in multiple formats including, strings, objects, and entire forms without having to build extra logic to handle each type.
- API has no Server Side components which makes it more portable (planned).
- Extremely simple syntax shortens the learning curve and speeds up development.
params = document.myForm; http( "POST" , "remote.cfc?method=dosomething" , my_callback , params );
- Open-source (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License). By Todd Kingham.
mxAjax is easy Ajax implementation framework for coldfusion developers.