From Ajax Patterns
Google AJAXSLT (Released June 2005)
- Utilizes Backbase AJAX engine - cross browser compatible
- Declarative (XML-based) AJAX programming model.
- Open-source license (BSD). By a search solutions company which refers to itself as "Google".
Backbase XML/XSLT/Xpath (Released 2003)
- Builds on Backbase AJAX Engine.
- Free Community Edition license and Commercial license.1
Sarissa (Released February 2003)
- Portable XMLHttpRequest creation.
- Portable XPath queries.
- Portable DOM manipulation.
- Portable XSLT.
- Portable serialisation to XML.
- Open-source (GPL 2.0 or LGPL 2.1, your choice). From various contributors.
XMLParse (Released January 2006)
- Compatibility: IE6, Moz/FF 1.x, Safari 2.x
- Apache License Version 2.0
xWire (Released October, 2005)
- Mature toolkit (originally written in 2001)
- Simple API for cross browser functionality including XmlHttp, DOM, XPath, XSLT
- Configurable logging mechanism
- Incredibly flexible event mechanism
- Includes some great widgets such as a hierarchical tree and notebook
- XML form binding for easily copying HTML form field values to/from one or more XML documents
- Working examples
- Frequent enhancements
- Well documented with meaningful and thorough comments throughout the code
- Compatibility: IE6, Moz/FF 1.x
- Apache License V2.0 by Jeff Roberts and Mark Nabours
var arr = xml2array(XmlHttp.responseXml); // Do what you want with 'arr'
Freja (released January 2006)
- Browser-centric and server-agnostic.
- Aimed toward delivering zero-latency user interface.
- Based on recognized standards and accepted best practices:
- XML, XSL Templates and XPATH.
- Separation of data, logic and presentation (MVC pattern)
- Open-Source and licensed under the CC-GNU LGPL.
Freja is built upon the Sarissa library by Manos Batsis.
XMLas (released July 19, 2005)
XMLas XMLas is a tool for binding xml definitions to an actionscript object structure.
XMLas has the following features:
- can read and resolve 'n' definition files and merge tag attributes and children
- can build xmlas objects from n xml files, given a list of tag definitions.
- namespace handling
- use toXML() to write out to xml (excluding namespace information).
- can handle recursive tags:
ex) <parent id="abc"><child id="def" /></parent>
SoftXpath (released June 10, 2009)
Query complex XML documents using powerful Xpath expressions.