Multi-Language Ajax Frameworks
From Ajax Patterns
See also Ajax_Frameworks.
Deliver Rich, Interactive Web 2.0 User Interfaces Editors and wizards help developers quickly add Ajax features to applications such as scrolling tables, editable grids and hover pop-ups by simply changing a component’s properties. Support for Python and Java ensure rapid development doesn't mean a restricted feature set or lack of control.
Ajax reusable GUI Classes and “loosely coupled” component based Framework
Raju’s GUI-API Ajax reusable GUI Classes are based on “patent pending” inventions, which let developers build easy to use and more flexible reusable GUI Classes than possible for traditional GUI Platforms such as Java/Swing or Windows/VC++. Although the examples are given in Java, the GUI Classes can be implemented for any OO language such as C# or C++.
- Developer's Guide Free for trial
- Technology summary
- Very Basic Tutorial for Developing a GUI Widget for GIS for a Newbie
- Tutorial for the technologies
- Proof for the inventions
To build superior online GUI applications than possible on the traditional GUI platforms, one needs superior GUI-API. Raju’s GUI framework offers simple and complete solution to build superior online applications. Raju's GUI-API will contain very lightweight and highly scalable GUI Classes. For example, fine-grained java-classes can be quickly composed to build GUI classes for larger components.
Although, component based processes are more complex and controversial, pioneer-soft strongly believes it invented a viable component paradigm. The following web pages briefly summarizes the process:
As explained in the first link, the main properties of the physical components are: (i). Loose coupling and (ii). Reuse. Software engineering already discovered “Reuse”, but not yet discovered “loose coupling” property for the software components.
Discovery of “loosely coupled” component will be the silver bullet to solve the software crisis. The second link shows, if the physical product makers were prevented from using loosely coupled parts, they also face problems no different than the software makers.
These technologies are still needs to be peer-reviewed and accepted by other researchers, so the technologies not yet commercial.
ARSCIF - Asynchronous Remote–Script Callback Invocation Framework
[http == [[://arscif.dsi.unimi.it/ ARSCIF] is a technique by which
ECMAScript code in a browser can connect to a server without reloading a page.
It supports several browsers, as well as Unicode. The distribution contains several worked out examples, for both PHP --126.96.36.199 05:11, 17 August 2007 (EDT)[[[[[[[[[[and Java, that]]]]]]]]]] show the simplicity]] ==
of ARSCIF's approach. The framework is distributed under the X11 license, which makes it usable both in free and in proprietary software at no charge. It's a spin-off of [http://erw.dsi.unimi.[[
it/ ERW], a framework for managing databases
]] using a web browser. sadsadasdasdasd
aSSL - SSL substitute for non-critical Ajax applications (December 2006)
aSSL is an open source library built to substitute the need for SSL in Ajax applications.
First a random 128-bit key is negotiated with the server usign RSA encryption, then, once the connection is established, data is exchanged using AES encryption.
Cross-Platform Asynchronous INterface Toolkit (May 2005)
- See Ajax Stub pattern.
- Supports both PHP & ASP
- Supports both Remote Scripting and XML
- Supports both local & remote functions
- Single or multiple XMLHTTP objects
- Can support both POST & GET requests
- BackendImage:Example.jpg proxy functions for accessing remote functionItalic texts and data
- Tested with all major browsers
- Open-source license (GNU GPL & LGPL) by various contributors.
Javascipt Object Notation (JSON) and JSON-RPC
- See JSON Message pattern.
- Implementations exist for several server-side platforms: Java, Python, Ruby, Perl.
- Known browsers: IE4+, NS4.x, NS6.x, Mozilla, Opera7 and Galeon.
- Server-side support: ASP, ColdFusion, PerlCGI, PHP,Python, and JSP(servlet).
- Open source (very flexible custom license). By Brent Ashley.
PHPRPC - Not only an ajax framework (from 2006)
PHPRPC is a remote procedure calling (RPC) protocol.
- Server-side supports PHP, ASP, dotNET and Java
- Supports secure transportation (using XXTEA encryption algorithm)
- Using PHP serialize representation to transfer data (supports complex array, hashtable and object)
- Supports console output redirect
- Can be used with any web framework
- Open-source license (GNU LGPL) by Ma Bingyao
Bold text Rialto : Rich Internet AppLication TOolkit
- Because it is technology agnostic it can be encapsulated in Java/JSP/JSF, .Net or PHP graphic components.
- Widgets library includes : forms, drag & drop, tree, data list with fix header and resizable columns, pop up, splitter,
- Rialto enables single page interface application development.
- Open-source license (Apache) by multiple contributors.
Nitobi Ajax Controls
Nitobi Software makes enterprise-class Ajax controls, as well as an Ajax toolkit. Components are available for Java, ASP.NET, PHP, Classic ASP, and Coldfusion MX.
Nitobi's Ajax components include:
- Grid -- A cross-browser spreadsheet with Excel "copy/paste", LiveScrolling, and more.
- TreeGrid - A new, hierarchical grid component.
- ComboBox -- A drop-down menu with autocomplete functionality, similar to Google Suggest.
- Calendar -- A high-performance calendar picker that can be used with Nitobi Grid or in standalone web applications.
- Callout -- A rich, skinnable tool-tip that prompts users with real-time feedback and helpful instructions as they navigate through an application.
- Fisheye -- A tool bar menu featuring fisheye magnification, similar to Apple OS X tool bar.
- Spotlight -- A tool for creating stylish guided tours of websites and applications.
- Tabstrip -- Folder tabs for navigating to different sections of a web application via Ajax or iFrame requests.
- Tree -- A hierarchical data view, similar to the folder view in Windows Explorer.
- Ajax Toolkit -- A library of fully-documented tools used in Nitobi components that can be re-used in your own applications, or to build your own components.
SAJAX (Workable but not 1.0; from ?March 2005)
- Demo walkthrough in Examples of Ajax Stub.
- Capable of stubbing calls to numerous server-side platforms: ASP(temporarily removed due to bugs)/ColdFusion/Io/Lua/Perl/PHP/Python/Ruby.
- Open-source license (BSD) by various contributors.