Perl Ajax Frameworks
From Ajax Patterns
- Can be used to link any Perl code to an HTML event, including fetching other URLs (using LWP, for example).
- Nestable, so an HTML event can start a chain of AJAX events (e.g. onClick="do_this(); now_that(); finally_this()").
- Can handle GET or POST.
- Not necessary to have your exported subroutines named in a specific way - you name them what you want.
- Very small overhead - lets you keep thinking Perl and not get bogged down.
- Active development community.
- Open-source library (Perl/Artistic license) by Brian Thomas.
- Basically similiar to the Prototype helpers in Ruby Ajax Frameworks#Ruby On Rails.
- Open-source license (GPL and Artistic) by multiple contributors.
OpenThought independent AJAX package, does not rely on CGI; requires data to be compiled by the application