From Ajax Patterns
Bindows Enterprise Framework - True Ajax with a Windows Look-and-Feel
The Most Powerful Ajax SDK in the Market
Bindows' is the premier corporate choice for building "zero-footprint" Rich Internet Applications (RIA) and has been around even before the term AJAX was coined. Bindows is a Graphical User Interface (GUI) software framework for development of rich AJAX and Web 2.0 web applications. It can generate the exact look-and-feel of a Windows GUI (Windows) on web pages. Its object-oriented approach and expandability scales well to very large development teams and projects. Full Section-508 accessibility support and industrial strength tools, makes Bindows the only choice for Section-508 compatible government sites and applications.
Bindows powered applications, are used by:
- More than 500,000 business users
- 91 of the Fortune-100 Companies
- 85 of the Global-100 Companies
- 352 of the Global-500 Companies
Bindows 4.0 - Latest Version
- A completely redesigned menu system - best in the market
- Exciting new looks - 6 new themes and a powerful theme engine (so you can create your own)
- Initial support for new browsers (IE8, FF3.1, Safari4, Chrome)
Bindows applications are agnostic to:
- Server - any server (Java, .NET, PHP, etc. can be used with Bindows)
- Backend platform - Any backend hardware and backend software
- Operating system - Any operating system can be used on the client (as long as it includes a supported browser)
- Language - All languages supported. Bindows supports Unicode
- Browser - most browsers are supported (i.e., Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher, Mozilla 1.4 and higher, Netscape 7.1 and higher, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, K-Meleon, and Camino)
Bindows supports the following widgets: labels, buttons, check boxes, radio buttons, text areas, menus, toolbars, statusbars, tool tips, grids, trees, sliders, spinners, progress bars, gauges, image maps and live vector graphics.
Charting & Vector Graphics Bindows supports client-side charting in all supported browsers, which is both rich, scalable and dynamic (animations), that are designed to be easily extended and enhanced:
- Line charts
- Columns and bars
- Pie charts
- Stacked columns and bars
- Percentage stacked columns and bars
The Bindows Graphical-Links API - BiLink API enables drawing of graphical links (lines and arrows) that join elements. The properties of the links, including color, width and style, can be customized. The basic task of the API is to manage the anchoring of the link to the elements.
Complete Animation Library
Bindows animation library enables adding animations to Bindows components - thus creating visual effects like pulsating buttons, fade-ins, fade-outs, animated movement and resizes.
Bindows 2.0 is now the first Ajax framework with enhanced support for section 508 accessibility compliance. Bindows 2.0 enables developers to reach all audiences effectively and efficiently by building Ajax and Web 2.0 applications that meet Government and international standards for accessibility.
The Bindows framework enables development of Ajax and Web 2.0 applications that work with leading screen readers, such as JAWS, without requiring any download or installation (zero-footprint).
Internationalization & Localization
Bindows provides full support for internationalization and localization. Localized Bindows applications (including combined locales) are in use across the globe.
BindowsFaces is a components library that enables you create powerful Ajax web applications with a Windows look-and-feel - using Java through JSF.
Run your Java-based applications, inside a browser (pure Ajax), with a Windows look-and-feel!
Who should consider using BindowsFaces?
- Developers creating enterprise strength web applications.
- Bindows programmers that want to expand into and leverage JSF technologies.
Why use BindowsFaces
- Most JSF based frameworks in the market provide the client side components as an afterthought - their client side is quite weak.
- BindowsFaces provides Java developers with a market leading client-side component model, built from the ground up with TRUE object-oriented Ajax.
- Bindows is famous for being full, rich and mature (probably the richest Ajax framework). Bindows also provides the best in market support for developing Section-508 accessible web applications.
Visual Layout Development Tool
Next major release of Bindows (code name "Torne") will include a visual layout development tool.
- Bindows Benchmarking - available (free).
- Bindows Linker - The Bindows Linker is a tool that reduces the code size of a Bindows application by including only the classes and methods required. Decreasing the code size results in improved performance. This is visible at startup and also during runtime due to the decreased memory usage.
- Bindows IntelliJ Plugin - Significantly enhance and expedite the development process.
- InfiView - Interactive & Infinite Ajax Graphical Maps and Diagrams.
- BindowsFaces - A components library that enables programmers create powerful Ajax web applications using Java through JSF (free).
- Bindows Ajax Gauges Library- Bindows Ajax Gauges Library toolkit to add vector-graphics based, Ajax-enabled gauges to any HTML page (free).