From Ajax Patterns
AMFPHP is an open-source implementation of the Flash Remoting framework.
- "It’s fast, reliable, 100% free and open-source. With this new version we have strived to make a product as stable and full-featured as ColdFusion-based remoting (the reference implementation). You also get to use the wonderful NetConnection debugger, which shows you exactly what's being sent between the client and server. Remoting uses AMF, a very lightweight binary format that cuts the bulk out of packets, meaning data exchange is a lot faster than with XML"
- Open-source license (GPL) created by Wolfgang Hamann and maintained by various developers.
- All major data types can be passed between the two environments.
- Open-source license (modified Apache 1.1). By multiple Open-Source Flash contributors.
CheckPlayer is a companion project to SWFObject, but provides some additional API functionality, including the ability to detect SWF loading progress, completion, and even when the ExternalInterface API is initialized.
Stream(Released; from July, 2005)
- No More Polling. (True server pushed events, not emulated events through polling). See HTTP_Streaming.
- Ideal for chat, monitoring and client interaction systems that would requiring polling.
- Sessions (Per-Session and Per-Page state tracking.)
- Event Monitoring (Interact with mouse events, including maximum fire rate throttling)
- Currently Alpha, Technology Preview / Proof of concept Stage. Download Here
- Dual License Open-source (Commercial License and GPL) by StormTide Digital Studios. Full Source Available.