From Ajax Patterns
Google AJAXSLT (Released June 2005)
- Utilizes Backbase AJAX engine - cross browser compatible
- Declarative (XML-based) AJAX programming model.
- Open-source license (BSD). By a search solutions company which refers to itself as "Google".
Backbase XML/XSLT/Xpath (Released 2003)
- Builds on Backbase AJAX Engine.
- Free Community Edition license and Commercial license.1
Sarissa (Released February 2003)
- Portable XMLHttpRequest creation.
- Portable XPath queries.
- Portable DOM manipulation.
- Portable XSLT.
- Portable serialisation to XML.
- Open-source (GPL 2.0 or LGPL 2.1, your choice). From various contributors.
XMLParse (Released January 2006)
- Compatibility: IE6, Moz/FF 1.x, Safari 2.x
- Apache License Version 2.0
xWire (Released October, 2005)
- Mature toolkit (originally written in 2001)
- Simple API for cross browser functionality including XmlHttp, DOM, XPath, XSLT
- Configurable logging mechanism
- Incredibly flexible event mechanism
- Includes some great widgets such as a hierarchical tree and notebook
- XML form binding for easily copying HTML form field values to/from one or more XML documents
- Working examples
- Frequent enhancements
- Well documented with meaningful and thorough comments throughout the code
- Compatibility: IE6, Moz/FF 1.x
- Apache License V2.0 by Jeff Roberts and Mark Nabours
var arr = xml2array(XmlHttp.responseXml); // Do what you want with 'arr'
Freja (released January 2006)
- Browser-centric and server-agnostic.
- Aimed toward delivering zero-latency user interface.
- Based on recognized standards and accepted best practices:
- XML, XSL Templates and XPATH.
- Separation of data, logic and presentation (MVC pattern)
- Open-Source and licensed under the CC-GNU LGPL.
Freja is built upon the Sarissa library by Manos Batsis.
XMLas (released July 19, 2005)
XMLas XMLas is a tool for binding xml definitions to an actionscript object structure.
XMLas has the following features:
- can read and resolve 'n' definition files and merge tag attributes and children
- can build xmlas objects from n xml files, given a list of tag definitions.
- namespace handling
- use toXML() to write out to xml (excluding namespace information).
- can handle recursive tags:
ex) <parent id="abc"><child id="def" /></parent>
ZK - Ajax/XML Web Framework (#1 Ajax on SourceForge.net)
ZK ZK is an open-source enterprise Ajax Web framework that enables rich user interface for Web applications with little programming. With 400,000 downloads in 1.5 years, ZK empowers a wide variety of companies and institutions, ranging from small to large in multiple industries. ZK's customers and users include Fortune 500 companies, governments and tens of thousands of developers in the world.
- With event-driven components and a markup language, developing is as simple as programming desktops and authoring HTML.
- No hazards of exposing business logic on the client.
- 1st support both Ajax and Mobile (JavaME).
- Server-Centric processing.
- Event driven model.
- 77 XUL and 83 XHTML off-the-shelf components.
- Macro components.
- Annotations and data-binding (access database in ZUML with zero Java codes).
- Server push.
- Integrated with other frameworks/solutions: JSF, JSP, Ext-JS(YUI), Google Maps, Google Calendar, Spring, Hibernate, Seam, Struts, Seasar, Acegi, JFreeChart, FCKeditor, amCharts, DOJO, Liferay, Timeline, I18N, Twitter, etc.
- Open-source license (GPL) by Potix Corporation.