From Ajax Patterns
|Revision as of 22:59, 26 June 2006
Mahemoff (Talk | contribs)
Big Picture Tutorials
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 23:01, 26 June 2006
Mahemoff (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|* [http://www.packtpub.com/files/Ajax_SampleChapter.pdf Free chapter] from AJAX and PHP : Building Responsive Web Applications Book.||* [http://www.packtpub.com/files/Ajax_SampleChapter.pdf Free chapter] from AJAX and PHP : Building Responsive Web Applications Book.|
|+||* [http://www.webpasties.com/xmlHttpRequest/ XMLHttpRequest in Baby Steps]|
|= Big Picture Tutorials =||= Big Picture Tutorials =|
Revision as of 23:01, 26 June 2006
Getting Started Tutorials
- "AJAX:Getting Started This article guides you through the AJAX basics and gives you two simple hands-on examples to get you started.
- Scripting Ajax Tutorial
- "Programming Ajax" Wikibook
- How to use Ajax
- Free chapter from AJAX and PHP : Building Responsive Web Applications Book.
- XMLHttpRequest in Baby Steps
Big Picture Tutorials
- iTunes Style Music DB with AJAX How to set up an instant-search mechanism for an online music database.
- Drag-and-drop shopping cart tutorial (screencast, available source code, step-by-step explanation.
- Ajax Chat Tutorial
- DWR Tutorial
- DWR - Ajax with Direct Web Remoting
- "AJAX Tutorial with Prototype I wanted to give an example of a good use of AJAX, and at the same time keep it simple. So I thought a good example would be to build a zip code verifier. As soon as the person enters the zip code it makes a request to the server to see if the zip code is in the database, and returns the city and state.
- "Learn xajax in 10 Minutes xajax is designed to be extremely easy to implement in both existing web applications as well as new projects. You can add the power of xajax to nearly any PHP script in seven easy steps.
- "Developer Notes for prototype.js If you tried to use this library recently, you probably noticed that documentation is not one of its strongest points. As many other developers before me, I got my head around prototype.js by reading the source code and experimenting with it. I thought it would be nice to take notes while I learned and share with everybody else.
Web Remoting Tutorials
- "Alternate Ajax Techniques, Part 1 By now, nearly everyone who works in web development has heard of the term Ajax, which is simply a term to describe client-server communication achieved without reloading the current page. Most articles on Ajax have focused on using XMLHttp as the means to achieving such communication, but Ajax techniques aren't limited to just XMLHttp. There are several other methods.
- "Dynamic HTML and XML: The XMLHttpRequest Object Thanks to the little-known XMLHttpRequest object, an increasing range of web clients can retrieve and submit XML data directly, all in the background.
- "Guide to Using XMLHttpRequest Using XMLHttpRequest with php and mysql
- "Instant Tutorial Simply put, AJAX allows you to make a call to an http server (typically an RSS feed or a webpage), get it‚s content and load them into your existing page without having to refresh the whole page. This means that services like email don‚t have to reload the whole page everytime you click a message, saving on bandwidth (loading the header/footer all over again) and making things more efficient.
- "Advanced Requests and Responses in AJAXR In this article, Brett McLaughlin will show you the different status codes and demonstrate how browsers handle each and he will showcase the lesser-used HTTP requests that you can make with Ajax.
For those of you who haven't seen Rico its another AJAX library, with quite a few cool extras. What I'm going to cover here is my first expiriment with Rico and their 'drag and drop' functionality. Getting basic drag and drop functionality is extremely easy with this library, and with just a bit of modification you can easily make it fit whatever you could want.
- "Building a Drag-and-Drop Shopping Cart with AJAX For this article, we'll create an interactive shopping experience allowing us to add items to our shopping basket by dragging and dropping them onto an icon of a shopping cart. We'll add AJAX functionality, allowing us to update our shopping cart without redrawing the entire screen.
- "Submit a form with Ajax The new release of CakePHP (RC2) comes with a completely rewritten AjaxHelper::form() function (with the disadvantage that it breaks existing code).
- "Niceforms Web forms. Everybody knows web forms. Each day we have to fill in some information in a web form, be it a simple login to your webmail application, an online purchase or signing up for a website. They are the basic (and pretty much the only) way of gathering information on the web.
File Uploading Tutorials
- "Better File Uploads with AJAX and JavaServer Faces In this article, we will take fresh approach and implement an AJAX-powered component that will not only upload the file to server, but also monitor the actual progress of a file upload request in "real time."
Image Gallery Tutorial
- "Ajax: What is it Good For? AJAX image gallery tutorial with some history and commentary
- "How to create the Google Suggest feature with ASP.NET 2.0 Google Suggest seems to be the topic du jour in the blogosphere. It is a cool feature, but what I really enjoy is that it is yet another real world example of a "chubby" client.
Live Search Tutorials
- "HOWTO: Animated Live Search / Ordered List 've been meaning for some time to give a little tutorial on the live search I created for this latest design. There are a few steps involved, and I'll do my best to explain each as we go.
- "Live search explained Live search will gradually replace traditional search in web applications. As mainstream programs such as Windows Vista matures up to release, and live search is deeply integrated, we can expect more web pages implementing live search.
Rounded Corner Tutorials
- "Rico rounded corners without all of Rico I extracted and made very minimal changes to Rico's rounded corner implementation so I could use it without needing all of Rico. Currently I'm using Script.aculo.us in all of my projects and didn't need all of Rico, but Script.aculo.us doesn't have a Rounded Corners implementation. All credit to the talented guys over at OpenRico for this!
- "Make all your tables sortable Tutorial on how to make all your tables sortable
Tabbed Pages Tutorials
- Microlink Pattern
- "Building Tabbed Content This workshop we will be building a tabbed content browser that's Ajax powered. When ever a user clicks a tab the Ajax will communicate with the server and send back the appropriate data for that tab. We will start this workshop off with the XHTML and CSS for the tabbed content browser.
- "Make an AJAX Website in Less than 10 Minutes I've been toying around with AJAX apps and XMLHttpRequest but have wanted to put up a site that loads all of its content asynchronously. If you're like me and you learn best from working with examples you're only 10 minutes away from your first AJAX website.
- "AJAX Design Patterns Excellent tutorial on how to build an AJAX powered website, with dynamic page loads.